Saturday, May 1, 2010

What's for dinner? Breakfast!!



This was really Friday night's dinner...tonight (Saturday) we went out for Mexican food. But last night I didn't have time to post. We had a "breakfast for dinner" night. Above is a photo of my FAVORITE pancake/waffle mix. It's sooooo good! I use the instructions on the back that call for whipping the egg whites and then folding them into the batter, so it creates an extra fluffy/light product. The other version is equally good (just denser), but quicker and easier, especially when camping and such. Last night I used some homemade hazelnut milk as the liquid for the pancakes which I think added a really nice touch. We served them with thawed strawberries and blueberries from the freezer and (I'm a bit embarrassed to say) I think I ate 5 waffles! Yep, they were THAT good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment