Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cookie Time!


So, dinner tonight wasn't anything spectacular (although it WAS mighty tasty!) - we had quinoa noodles (a new favorite of mine), panfried tempeh cubes, homemade marinara, steamed broccoli and roasted asparagus. The kids also had their favorite bread, Salem Sourdough from Cascade Baking Company.

But the real star of the show (and this post) was dessert...I attended a Green Cuisine forum at Willamette University earlier this week and one of the items served was this fabulous vegan cookie. Students were the "chefs" for the evening and I accosted the one who made the cookies when I noticed she was carrying one of my favorite cookbook author's books in her hand. Turns out the cookies were from "Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar" by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero. I just so happen to own this cookbook (which I suppose isn't a surprise to those of you who have seen my cookbook collection!) For those of you who have the book, or get it from the library, the recipe is for the Chocolate Agave Trailmixers (pages 96-97 of the book). I have to say that the recipe itself wouldn't have stood out to me, but the samples of these cookies were delicious!!

I made these tonight with a couple modifications - sugar for agave, dark chocolate chips and with dried cherries and freshly roasted cashews. Yum, yum!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and inspiring! Can't wait to make these cookies. I love your passion and enthusiasm for fantastic food and markets. So great to be with people that share the same interests/addictions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, this is the same book that had that biscotti recipe I was telling you about. Clearly I have a cocoa fixation lately!

    ReplyDelete