Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pizza and Salad...two nights in a row!



After telling a friend what I ate for dinner last night she said that I should start my food posts NOW ;) Since we are eating the same dinner tonight I thought I'd actually take a photo of the food BEFORE we ate it, so there was a visual.

So, a food photographer I am not! And, to make matters worse, I couldn't even find our camera in a timely manner, so I had to take this picture with my iPhone. I'd like to say this will improve, but likely it will not. Anyway, what's in the photo? In the back are salads....with greens, carrots and snap peas - all purchased with glee at the Farmer's Market last Saturday! I topped it with some tamari pumpkin seeds and used Annie's Shitake dressing. Even for a non-salad-lover it was pretty tasty! The pizzas.....the kids have olive and cheese (it was already cooked). The adult pizzas were ready to go in the oven when I took this quick photo. The one on the left (which appears to just be a pile of cheese) would be my husband's. Under the mound of mozzarella are sauteed mushrooms and ciopollini onions (both also from the local Farmer's Market), olives and a homemade roasted tomato sauce. My pizza is a vegan version with homemade pesto (no cheese, extra garlic!) for the sauce, sauteed mushrooms (lion's mane, shitake and maitake), ciopollini onions and some panfried asparagus spears.

Okay, and I got a photo of my pizza after it was cooked...now I'm going to eat it. Yumm!

No comments:

Post a Comment